On 17 April 2020 at 4:00pm, the Department of Liberal Arts and Physical Culture of the D. Serikbayev EKSTU held a round table titled "The Role of Humanities, Social Sciences and Linguistic Disciplines in a Technical University: Problems and Solutions".
The round table was held in an online format on the BBB platform. The discussion was attended by thirty four lecturers, EKSTU employees, and representatives of the academic department.
Under consideration were the following topics:
- Language Barrier in a Career Or Should an Ordinary Engineer Speak English?
- Problems of Increasing Motivation for Learning English Among Students of Non-Linguistic Universities;
- Russian Language at a Technical University: Problems, Challenges, Trends;
- "Poor Relative" at a Technical University;
- Healthy Lifestyle Student;
- Physical Education as a University Subject;
- Problems and Solutions for Teaching the State Language at a Technical University.
The speakers answered the questions of the participants both verbally and in chat, and made suggestions.